Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Kind of Work!

This August marks my third year at Craig, Terrill, Hale, & Grantham. As I reflect on all of the things I have learned, there is one lesson that I love putting to use - the business turned pleasure trip!

My trip started on Wednesday when I traveled to Amarillo to try a case in small claims court. While I didn’t have any Perry Mason moments, it was great experience. From Amarillo, I was off for two days of depositions. Before jumping on my first plane, I had plenty of time to grab a bite to eat. My brother-in-law Jeff has been claiming for the last couple of months that he wants to try the 72 oz challenge at The Big Texan so I thought that this was a perfect opportunity to do a little scouting for him. After seeing the 72 oz rump roast The Big Texan claims to be a steak, I’m excited (and a little sick to my stomach) to see Jeff take the challenge!

Hope you're hungry Jeff - 72-oz. steak, a baked potato, salad, dinner roll and shrimp cocktail

Thursday was all work with depositions in Minerva, Ohio. The day of work and travel was worth it when I got to Chicago that evening and was met by my mom! Mom got to Chicago on Thursday morning and had a day of sightseeing.

Mom and I stayed at the historic Hilton Chicago and spent the next two days sightseeing, shopping the magnificent mile, eating at great restaurants, and I managed to squeeze a little work in too. In our two days in Chicago, we saw it all - The Art Institute of Chicago, Cloud Gate (or the mirrored bean), the view from the John Hancock Building, Millenium and Grant Parks, Navy Pier (a bit of a disappointment), and mom took a 3 1/2 hour double decker tour bus ride around the city. 

The view from the top of the John Hancock Building

Our trip ended with the play Billy Elliot to celebrate my mom’s birthday.

I just want to dance!

While trips are always a little more fun with three Melton girls (Melody was missed), it was a treat to have my mom all to myself!  After the great trip to Chicago, I'm ready for the next big adventure/work trip!  Who knows where CTHG will send me next!

Amen and Pass the Butter,
Marcy

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog. Mel was very jealous of the Chicago trip, but I'm sure you ladies will have fun when you guys go to New Mexico... is that still happening?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way... the more I think about the Big Texas Challenge, the more I think I might be crazy. I keep finding myself watching the Man Vs. Food - Amarillo episode and the sheer size of the steak, is awe-inspiring.

    GULP. Maybe not... that's unless we want to make this a Lone Star Showdown of sorts. Texas A&M vs. Texas. You and Clay, versus Mel & me.

    ReplyDelete

baby