Thursday, November 4, 2010

Clay, Me, and One to Be!

That’s right, we’re having a BABY! We have been crossing our fingers for a few months and got our official “pregnant” during the first part of August. I thought that right before I left for work was a great time to take a test, probably because I knew it would be negative, but boy was I wrong! Clay and I couldn’t be more excited! On or about (there’s the lawyer in me) May 5th, we will welcome our little bundle of joy into the world.

So how am I doing? Great! I am officially 13 weeks and the baby is the size of your fist. It is crazy to believe that I am over a quarter of the way there and in my second trimester! I have so enjoyed my pregnancy and luckily have had few symptoms. I am addicted to pregnancy websites and (thanks to Ashley) projectnursery.com.

We had our first ultrasound at 10 weeks which was ultra amazing! Clay and I weren’t sure what to expect which was probably evident by our reaction. We made such a commotion that the nurses outside of the room thought we were having twins (but we have confirmed that there’s only one baby in there) and the ultrasound technician told us that we were in the top 3 new parent reactions! I was thinking our baby would look like a little nugget or peanut on the screen. Little did we know, our little one has developed legs, arms, and everything in between! The baby was jumping around and dancing for us throughout the entire (2 hour although we could have stared at the baby all day) ultrasound. Not only did we see the heartbeat, we HEARD the heartbeat. Our baby measured 2” from head to rump with a heartbeat of 155 beats per minute. I never knew that we could feel so much love for the little one we won’t meet until May.

We have already started to get ready for our baby to be! This weekend my mom came up and helped me with a garage sale to make room for baby. Clay is so excited to paint the room and I can’t wait to have my mom and Aunt P in for decorating fun.

We are prayerful for a safe pregnancy and healthy baby. We are so excited to share with you our thoughts, apprehensions, and plans as we await the arrival of our baby. Stay tuned, May will be here before we know it!

Amen and Pass the Butter,

Marcy

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you guys! Parenthood is the coolest thing you'll ever do, and I know that your baby is going to be raised in a home full of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEA!! I'm SO FREAKIN' EXCITED for you guys!!! Hugs, Sunshine & Kisses!

    ReplyDelete

baby