Sunday, April 17, 2011

Three Weeks of Rest

I have adored being pregnant.  It is amazing to feel my baby grow inside me and I love the way Clay constantly tells me that he loves my growing belly.  I love the cute clothes that fill Addison's closet and preparing her nursery with friends and family.  I feel like I have embraced every part of pregnancy!  I have loved discovering that life is miraculous, amazing, wondrous, and bizarre all at the same time!

I have been blessed with an easy and healthy pregnancy.  We are now 3 weeks away from Addison's due date and I am now making weekly doctor's visits.  Thursday we went to the doctor expecting the usual "see you next week"; however, due to an elevated blood pressure, I have now been ordered on bed rest.  For someone who is constantly going, slowing down has proven to be a bit of a challenge.  I have found the positives in this bed rest situation and am blessed to be surrounded by such a supportive group of family, friends, and co-workers. 

Slowing down and relaxing over the past several days has proven to work.  My blood pressure has gone down significantly and we are now making more frequent visits to my doctor so that Addison and I can be closely monitored.  We are thankful for the past 37 weeks.  I am so blessed to be carrying a healthy baby girl who continues to thrive with each passing day. 

Amen and Pass the Butter,
Marcy

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you! Let me know if you need anything AT ALL! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Marcy! I ran into your Mom when I was in Lampasas and she informed me of your pregnancy! Congratulations!! I was also put on bed rest when I was pregnant. It was so very hard to just stop, and actually rest, but wow, once that sweet baby girl is here, you will wish for 5 minutes of rest!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes great. Can't wait to see pictures of Miss Addison!

    ReplyDelete

baby