Friday, December 17, 2010

The Mystery of the Note Fairy

Growing up, we all knew of the traditional mystical characters:

  • Santa Claus, the spirt of Christmas
  • The Easter Bunny, who brings baskets filled with colored eggs and candy to the homes of children on the night before Easter
  • The Tooth Fairy, who comes in after a tooth is lost and leaves money (4 quarters in the Melton house) in exchange for your pearly whites
Until this week, I never knew of the mystical Note Fairy. The Note Fairy is known to bring sweet notes of hope and encouragement during pregnancy.

Wednesday was my 20 week sonogram which brought additional anticipation and excitement because we are able to find out boy or girl. In preparation for the appointment on Wednesday, the Note Fairy made her first delivery on Monday leaving her note on my car:

Tuesday, the Note Fairy (via the unsuspecting UPS delivery lady in my building) made her second delivery to my office:

I must have really gotten into the mystery of the Note Fairy because Tuesday night I dreamed that the Note Fairy planned a trip to Horseshoe Bay for a Miami in Marble Falls weekend.

Wednesday as I sat in the doctor’s office with Clay waiting for my blood pressure to be taken, the nurses at Dr. Lampkin’s office brought in my chart and an envelope ‘dropped’ onto the floor. They handed it to me to hold and the Note Fairy had struck again!
Due to the excitement of the Note Fairy striking in the doctor's office, my blood pressure shot through the roof!

You all may be wondering what the Note Fairy looks like. Initially, I imagined Cinderella with wings. Now, I know she looks like my friend Ashley!

I am reminded by the Note Fairy that the smallest things can mean the most. How lucky I am to have a Note Fairy and more importantly dear friend!

Amen and Pass the Butter,
Marcy

2 comments:

baby