Monday, November 28, 2011

Dedication of Our Addison

Marcy’s Mom, here, as a guest on the Erwin Family Blog. I want to report to you about an exciting day in the life of my perfect granddaughter. Addison was baptized at Marcy and Clay’s beautiful church in Lubbock this month. We were blessed to have in attendance many who love her. Included in the day was Marcy’s Dad (& me of course) and Marcy’s sister Melody with her husband Jeff.
Clay’s family included his Dad, his brother Zack, sister-in-law Jenn and Addison’s favorite cousin, Ethan. It was lovely meeting Addison’s newest fans, Mary and Megan who came in from Comanche.
Also there were Addison’s Godparents, Ashley & Ty Hamm.
In the congregation that day were a score of people who are included in the number who support the Lubbock Erwins in their faith walk.

The weekend began for Addison’s Papa & me Friday evening. We had to get there as early as we could because I was making Addison’s baptism dress and it wasn’t finished yet (I am not as good as Marcy at getting things done early). I finished the dress Friday night – all Meltons were surprised I was not sewing Sunday morning as we were driving up to the church. Marcy spent the evening beginning preparation for our Thanksgiving meal that was planned for the Meltons and Erwins on Saturday – we DO have so much to be thankful for!

Saturday morning found Melody & Jeff flying in from Dallas, the Comanche crew arriving, and Zack & his family popping in (thanks Sarah for your hospitality). The Melton girls enjoyed a bit of shopping at Holiday Happening and found some holiday treasures for our Addison (I am sure you will see our girl in her fabulous Christmas frocks here later in the season – stay tuned!)

The weekend’s celebration was shared with the Hamms on Saturday when they revealed that their awaited-one is going to be Addison’s best GIRLfriend. Blessings on you, Ashley & Ty.

Sunday arrived and the service couldn’t have been more lovely. The orchestra was in attendance (Addison couldn’t sit still as they played) and the Pastor blessed us with his words. Addison was perfect. You can see from the pictures that she loved all of the attention. Our day concluded with a lunch at the country club where Marcy & Clay not only fed us well, but shared sweet words about how they feel blessed.

I will pray this Holiday season by name for all of you who follow this blog.

Peace – and, Amen and Pass the Butter,
Janet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dearest Addison,

Today is the day of your baptism. I wanted to be a special part of your special day. I decided to make the dress you (and all of my grandbabies) would wear on this day. I decided to make it out of my wedding gown. Over 37 years ago I wore it on the day that your Papa and I made a commitment to God and each other. Today, you are surrounded by those who love you as we make a commitment to you and God to be a part of your spiritual journey. As I made your beautiful dress I prayed for you. I prayed that you would have a heart that yearned for God. I prayed your future would include an assurance that you are loved. I prayed that you would have a personal relationship with Christ.

As you grow, turn to those here with you today. Remember that no one loves you like me.

My love,
Your Honey

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job on the dress, Honey!!! And what a special gift for you to share with your family! (I'm afraid my wedding dress - being very short - wouldn't have had enough material in it to do this!) Addison wore it well!

    Kudos to Marcy for keeping the bows BIG!!!!

    Love you all!!

    Grammy Pammy Pam Pam

    ReplyDelete

baby