Friday, February 1, 2013

Want, Need, Wear, and Read

This Christmas I found myself with my hands a little full and wanting to enjoy the spirit of the season.  I’ve always been more of a quality of quantity person, and I hope to raise Addison to have the same attitude.  So, this year, more than ever, I was committed to a simple holiday.

This year, my sister-in-law Jen and I began a new gift giving philosophy.  And it goes like this:  something they WANT, something they NEED, something to WEAR, something to READ.  Our hope was to keep the focus on the season and not the number of presents under the tree. 

Between Honey and Poppa, Aunt Meddy and Uncle Heffrey, Pops, Mary, and Megan, and Uncle Zack and Aunt Jen, there were plenty of presents under the tree.  To be honest, I don’t know that Addison will ever notice the philosophy, but I know that Clay and I will – for the better!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

baby